Located in southern Ohio, just north of the place where the Licking and Ohio rivers meet, the city of Cincinnati is one of the top places to move in the country. U.S. News lists Cincinnati in the country’s top 50 places. From a promising job market to an excellent school system, the city has so much to offer new residents.
Overview & History of Cincinnati
The city of Cincinnati was initially settled in 1788 and became home to many German-speaking immigrants, whose influences can still be found in many of Cincinnati’s cultural foundations. In its early history, the city grew consistently due to river convergence. However, when the country shifted freight from steamboats to railroads in the late 1800s, the city’s development decelerated.
Now, the city’s population measures more than 300,000, with the larger metropolitan area approaching 2.2 million, making it the largest metro area in the state. Cincinnati has a moderate climate and weather cycle with cold winters and hot summers, but the city rarely sees extreme lows or highs.
The Cincinnati Job Market
Many professionals are moving to Cincinnati due to its thriving job market with many employment opportunities. Below are just a sampling of the large companies and corporations headquartered in the city:
- Cincinnati Financial
- Delta Private Jets
- Fifth Third Bank
- First Financial Bank
- Gold Star Chili
- Mercy Health Partners
- Skyline Chili
- The Gorilla Glue Company
- Toyota Boshuku America
- United Dairy Farmers
- And so many more!
Cost of Living in Cincinnati
The robust employment opportunities paired with Cincinnati’s lower cost of living make this an excellent place for young adults and families to get started. While the city is more costly than other cities in Ohio, the average cost of living is still well below the U.S. average, especially when it comes to housing.
Cincinnati’s Most Popular Neighborhoods
The greater Cincinnati area has more than 70 distinctive neighborhoods, each with its own unique atmospheres and cultures. Below are some of the most popular neighborhoods Cincinnati has to offer:
- Downtown: If you love authentic city living, this is your neighborhood. It’s a popular choice for single professionals and young newlyweds.
- Mount Adams: Overlooking downtown Cincinnati, this neighborhood has views! While it is one of the higher-cost areas of the city, the commute downtown is a breeze.
- Over-the-Rhine: Known to locals as just OTR, this is an incredibly inclusive and diverse area full of great restaurants and breweries for avid foodies.
- Riverfront: If you love the outdoors and river views, you’ll never be bored in this beautiful and popular neighborhood.
- Mount Lookout: Many young professionals call this neighborhood home due to its thriving business district. You’ll find affordable smaller homes, townhomes, and apartments in this area.
- Pleasant Ridge: This neighborhood is diverse and features an arts district. It’s safe and delivers a traditional aesthetic complete with gaslights lining the roads.
- Hyde Park: This suburban neighborhood brings downtown vibes and unmatched shopping and luxury living.
- West Chester: This suburban neighborhood is highly family-friendly and the choice of many with little ones.
Entertainment & Culture
The city has rich cultural and entertainment offerings, from Cincinnati Chili to America’s first baseball team, the Cincinnati Reds. Below is a list of the city’s top attractions:
- Cincinnati Art Museum
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
- Coney Island Park
- Entertainment Junction
- Findlay Market
- Krohn Conservatory
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Newport Aquarium
- Smale Riverfront Park
- And so much more!
Trust Black Tie Moving With Your Move to Cincinnati
Whether you’re moving from one Cincinnati neighborhood to another or relocating from out of state, Black Tie Moving has a moving solution for you. We treat every customer like a VIP, and we’ll work with you to deliver a red-carpet experience from start to finish. Our trained and uniformed moving professionals offer a variety of moving services, including:
- 24/7 concierge services
- Apartment movers
- Appliance movers
- Fine art and antique moving services
- Furniture movers
- Hot tub moving services
- Household movers
- Junk removal
- Packing and unpacking
- Piano movers
- Storage solutions