If you’re looking to make a fresh start in a new city, consider Atlanta, GA. The state’s capital, and largest city, has a population of more than 500,000. Home to the busiest airport in the world, Atlanta serves as a hub of culture, travel, and business. The metro area also balances city life with green spaces for a beautiful and inviting city for residents and visitors alike.
Overview & History of Atlanta
Founded in 1837, Atlanta was the end of the Western and Atlantic Railroad line. Still a transportation hub today, both nationally and internationally, the city is fast-growing and a destination for many. The city also has a rich history in the civil rights movement, with countless visionaries and change-makers calling the city home in history. In 1996, Atlanta was the host of the Summer Olympics.
The Atlanta Job Market
Atlanta has a wide range of job opportunities, with many large companies, universities, and major healthcare providers calling the city home, including those listed below:
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Delta Air Lines
- Emory University
- Emory University Hospital
- EUE/Screen Gems Studios
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia State University
- Graphic Packaging International
- HD Supply Holdings
- NCR Corporation
- Northside Hospital Atlanta
- Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
- The Coca-Cola Company
- The Home Depot
- Tyler Perry Studios
- WellStar Atlanta Medical Center
The businesses and organizations above are just a few of the countless employers in the city. No matter what industry you’re interested in, Atlanta has something for you.
Cost of Living in Atlanta
Atlanta’s cost of living is just above the national average but much lower than many of the country’s other large cities like New York, San Francisco, and Miami. Paired with Atlanta’s robust job market and career opportunities, the city is quite affordable for those looking to make a new start in the city.
Atlanta’s Most Popular Neighborhoods
The city has a variety of neighborhoods, each with its own styles and attractions. Below are just a few of Atlanta’s favorite neighborhoods:
- Buckhead Village: Many consider this area one of the city’s best. Home to the governor’s mansion, this neighborhood features the city’s trendiest restaurants and bars, as well as some of its best museums.
- Midtown: Popular with students and young professionals alike, this neighborhood has great access to public transit and features a variety of parks, museums, music venues, and bars.
- Peachtree Heights: This family-friendly area features great parks, boutiques, restaurants, and luxury shopping.
- Summerhill: This diverse neighborhood has a lower cost of living than the Eastside and has a variety of home types. It’s also home to the Georgia State Stadium.
- Westside: Formerly an industrial area full of warehouses, this neighborhood now boasts local breweries, amazing restaurants, an arts scene, and the Georgia Tech campus.
Entertainment & Culture
There are so many things to do and experience in the city of Atlanta, from museums that explore the area’s rich history to the city’s robust nightlife. The city also plays host to a wide variety of festivals all year long. Below is a list of some of the other top attractions in Atlanta:
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Atlanta Falcons
- Atlanta Braves
- Atlanta Hawks
- Atlanta History Center
- Centennial Olympic Park
- College Football Hall of Fame
- Georgia Aquarium
- High Museum of Art
- Martin Luther King National Site
- The Atlanta Beltline
- World of Coca-Cola
- Zoo Atlanta
- And so much more!
Trust Black Tie Moving With Your Move to Atlanta
When you’re ready to relocate to Atlanta, Black Tie Moving is ready to deliver a VIP moving experience. Whether you’re moving locally within the city or relocating from out of state, we have the right professionals and solutions to meet all your moving needs. We offer comprehensive moving services, including those listed below:
- 24/7 concierge services
- Apartment moving services
- Appliance moving services
- Commercial moving services
- Fine art and antique movers
- Furniture movers
- Hot tub movers
- Junk removal
- Movers who pack and unpack
- Piano moving services
- Residential moving services
- Senior moving services
- Short-term and long-term storage solutions
Everyone deserves to be treated like a rock star. Talk to the experts at Black Tie Moving to get started with your Atlanta, GA, move today. We’re available at (214) 257-8336, or you can contact us online.