An interstate move is any move that crosses state lines. Typically, a move that crosses state lines is also a long-distance move, but an interstate move from Cincinnati can also mean you’re headed across the river to Northern KY!
Either way, many more details come into play when you’re planning an interstate move. It’s stressful enough to think about organizing and packing your belongings, let alone all the paperwork, utility setup, driver’s license changes, school enrollment, and any other life matters that go along with relocating your home and life.
It can be overwhelming to consider all these things, especially if you’ve never moved before. Black Tie Moving has been helping people move for over 50 years! We know the drill and can take care of everything that would have never crossed your mind when planning a move.
Personalized, VIP Treatment from the Best Interstate Residential Movers
Unlike many local interstate residential moving companies, Black Tie Moving specializes in fully customized moving support. Depending on your budget and needs, you’ll work with a skilled coordinator to choose from our many a la carte, package, and third-party services. With special touches like personal concierge services and zero hidden fees, you’ll be treated like the VIP you are!
A leader among moving companies in Cincinnati, OH, Black Tie Moving is proud to guarantee the following benefits and amenities to customers embarking on an interstate move:
- Free in-home consultations and estimates
- Tailor-made interstate moving plans
- Courteous, clean-cut, and uniformed crews
- Fully licensed, bonded, and insured service
- A range of packing and unpacking services
- Modern moving equipment
- Convenient scheduling built around you
Preparing for an Interstate Move from Cincinnati
As you’re planning your interstate move, consider:
- What to get rid of, what to keep
- What current furniture will and will not fit in your new home
- What items you should have on-hand vs. packed away during the move
- Time of year you are moving
- Timing of shutting off utilities at your old residence and turning them on at your new home
Some of these items may seem obvious (or not!), but they are essential. When assessed accordingly, these things will clarify a lot of confusion and decision-making during your move. Black Tie Moving’s experts will guide you through the nitty-gritty details to develop the best moving plan for you.
Tip: Try to plan an interstate move during the off-season. The Midwest is a busy place, and many people tend to move during the summer, making it more difficult to book a moving service. Moving during the off-season gives you more flexibility in cost and availability.
Other Interstate Moving Tips and Resources:
- Tips for Planning an Interstate Move
- What NOT to Pack & Essentials to Keep Handy for Your Move
- Moving from the Suburbs to the City
Working with Black Tie Moving’s Cincinnati Interstate Movers
We offer moving services throughout the Cincinnati area, including Fairfield, Hamilton, Madeira, Mason, Mariemont, Wyoming, and surrounding areas.
And don’t forget to check out our reviews to discover why celebrities, athletes, corporations, and thousands of others rely on Black Tie Moving for their relocation needs in Cincinnati, OH, and beyond!