This classical instrument is often filled with memories of someone’s childhood or is an antique passed down through the generations. Pianos are often heavy, bulky, and sentimental value aside — they are still difficult to replace if broken. The Nashville piano movers with Black Tie Moving understand the often ignored fragility of these beautiful instruments, and we offer the services you require for safe transport. Whether you’re moving modern grand pianos to a new showroom or you’re moving an antique piano, you won’t want to settle for anything less than the best. Our piano moving company operates at the highest caliber with your complete satisfaction as our number one goal. Over half a century of industry pedigree means that our movers have the experience and expertise to transport these bulky yet fragile items both locally and long-distance.
Quality Nashville Piano Movers
Along with its classical beauty and heritage, the average piano can weigh up to 750 pounds, resulting in costly repairs if damaged during a move. If you’re looking to relocate your piano in or around “Music City,” recruit the expert Nashville piano movers at Black Tie Moving to safely transport your piano to your desired location, whether it be a showroom or your living room.
At Black Tie Moving, we understand the complexities of moving large, fragile instruments and provide customized solutions for local and long-distance moves. Our comprehensive, white-glove moving services see you through the entire process from beginning to end with:
- A free consultation with a moving coordinator
- Precise measurements for packing and transport
- No hidden fees or surcharges
- Fully licensed, insured & bonded service
- Convenient scheduling options
- Highly trained & uniformed moving professionals
Why Pianos Need Specialized Movers
At Black Tie Moving, we know that pianos carry physical and sentimental value. A piano’s pricing can range from the low thousands to the high millions, but the memories attached to each instrument are priceless. You should hire a piano moving professional because we consider the proper equipment needed to preserve the integrity of your piano as it travels through halls, down steep stairs, into elevators, or around tight corners. Our expert movers come equipped with specialized rigging and hoisting equipment to navigate any space and make your move as easy as possible. Save yourself — and your piano — from a move-related injury, and let us do the heavy lifting. With an A+ BBB rating, you can trust us to get your piano situated in its new residence in pristine condition.
With every piano move, Black Tie Moving professionals consider:
- The dimension and weight of the piano
- The layout of the current and new location
- The proper protection needed for a safe transportation
- Moving solutions to meet your spatial needs
Our fully insured and skilled experts are waiting to move your piano, regardless of size or weight. Call (214) 257-8336 or contact us online to speak to a local piano moving professional in Nashville.
Types of Piano Services
Whether you’re moving a digital piano, an upright piano, or a baby grand piano, our professional Nashville piano movers provide high-quality moving services for pianos of different dimensions and scales, such as:
- Concert Grand Pianos: The concert grand is the largest of the pianos and measures between 7 to 10 feet long and weighs up to 1,200 pounds.
- Parlor Grand Pianos: Also known as the recital grand piano, the parlor grand piano is estimated to be between 6 to 7 feet in length. These middle-ground pianos can weigh up to 750 pounds.
- Baby Grand Pianos: Shy of 5 feet long, these pianos often weigh approximately 550 pounds.
- Upright Grand Pianos: Upright grand pianos often weigh between 300 and 500 pounds.
- Digital Pianos: Digital pianos can resemble portable keyboards weighing as low as 20 pounds and move up to digital console pianos weighing 100+ pounds. Securing movers for your piano ensures that it gets there safely.
Why Choose Black Tie Moving?
If you’re looking for expert service and cautious piano handling, Black Tie Moving Nashville piano movers have you covered. We are confident in our ability to securely pack, move, and deliver your piano in a timely fashion.
How much does it cost to move a piano?
Depending on the size of your piano and the circumstances of your individual moving needs, a piano move could cost a couple hundred dollars to more than $1,000 in moving fees. Speak with a Black Tie Moving specialist to get a free, no-obligation quote and find out how much your piano move will cost upfront.
Does a piano mover need insurance?
Yes, every Black Tie Moving professional is fully insured. However, these policies are limited in their protection. It is essential to consult with your moving specialist beforehand to find out if your piano has full coverage in case of an accident.