Many people are wondering what to do about their upcoming move during the COVID-19 pandemic. While the virus has halted many aspects of what we consider to be “normal life,” there are still many things that fall into the category of essential business. Fortunately, moving services is one of them. However, you may still be concerned about the safety and well-being of yourself and your loved ones during this time, especially when it comes to having others enter your home and handle your personal items. While the current situation is certainly unprecedented, you can rest assured that the professionals at Black Tie Moving are practicing stringent safety precautions as we continue to meet the moving needs of our customers.
At Black Tie Moving, we believe that everyone deserves to experience the luxury of well-planned and perfectly executed relocation, and that commitment remains firm despite the uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why we’ve put together some important information to help prepare you for your move, as well as some of the things our team is doing to keep you and your family safe throughout the process.
Is Moving an Essential Service?
While the list of non-essential business closures varies greatly from state to state, moving is widely still considered an essential service across the board. That’s because, for many people, a moving date is not flexible. There are many factors to consider, such as a lease ending or an impending closing date on a new home purchase. That being said, if you are fortunate enough to have flexibility in your moving date, especially if you are considered to be in a higher risk category, it’s advisable that you postpone your move if at all possible.
What Is Black Tie Moving’s COVID-19 Policy?
Our moving professionals are committed to protecting our team members’ and customers’ health and safety, while continuing to provide an unmatched moving experience. We are remaining flexible to ensure that your moving needs are met, while consistently monitoring the situation and adapting to any additional safety measures needed. We are working hard to make sure that our moving services are not disrupted. This includes:
- Engaging with government agencies to be ahead of any changes for transportation and logistics operations.
- Holding daily meetings to discuss, and put in place, contingency plans if disruptions occur.
- Monitoring our employees closely and making our time-off policy VERY liberal so that they know to stay home if they are symptomatic in any way.
- Following federal and local guidelines around social distancing and increased sanitization.
Likewise, we have enhanced our safety and sanitization efforts across the board, including increased hand-washing, regular use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks, and sanitization of all vehicles and equipment before and after each move.
We recognize that, as a leader in the household goods moving industry, it is our job to raise the bar for everyone around us. Our highest goal during this unparalleled time is to continue providing our customers with exquisite moving services while safeguarding the health of everyone we come into contact with.
Virtual Estimates for Your Upcoming Move
We understand that it may be difficult or inconvenient to have someone enter your home to provide you with a moving estimate. That’s why the team at Black Tie Moving now offers virtual video estimates to minimize outsiders in your home while equipping you with the information needed to begin planning your move.
Simply give us a call at 844-920-2966 or contact us online and indicate that you’d like to receive a virtual estimate for your upcoming move. We will reach out to schedule a virtual consultation using the video conferencing platform of your choice.
Important Tips for Moving During the COVID-19 Pandemic
It can be difficult to know what protocols to implement when moving during a pandemic, and you are not alone in wondering what steps you should take to prepare. The most important step is to remain vigilant and stay up to date on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations regarding the virus. Here are a few other tips for a smooth transition to your new home during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Communicate to your moving company right away if you or anyone you have been in contact with is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Transparency during this time is a critical factor in safeguarding everyone involved. Our team at Black Tie Moving will work with you diligently to ensure the safety of our team and yours, while still providing you with the quality moving services you need.
- Stock your sink and bathroom with soap and paper towels during your move. While the Black Tie Moving team is committed to the highest standards of sanitization and cleanliness, we believe there is no such thing as being overprepared. Soap is widely believed to be more effective than sanitizer, so having a method for your movers to frequently wash their hands can only serve to increase everyone’s safety.
- Avoid free or recycled boxes. It has been proven that COVID-19 can live on cardboard for up to 24 hours, so it probably isn’t the time to skimp on moving supplies. Boxes that already reside within your home are fine, but if you need extras, it’s best to buy them new. Another option is to let our movers provide new boxes during your move, as well as stress-free packing services.
- If you need to postpone or cancel your moving services, let your moving company know as soon as you can. This is another tip that simply requires communication and transparency. If you have hesitations about your move for any reason and wish to postpone or cancel, no one will fault you in the least – but be sure to let your moving company know right away so that they don’t spend valuable time and resources planning for a move that has been altered.
- Be smart and stay safe. This may seem like a no-brainer, but you simply need to apply all of the recommended COVID-19 precautions such as social distancing and increased hygiene to your move. The upside is you will likely have more time post-move to unpack and organize your new space!
We have helped complete more than 40,000 moves, and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service possible. If you are interested in scheduling your upcoming move, rest assured that our team can execute everything, from start to finish, efficiently and with the utmost safety for everyone involved.
Give us a call at (844) 920-2966 to schedule your free estimate, or contact us online for a virtual video quote today!
Subscribe to Black Tie Moving's Blog
Get Black Tie Moving's latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your name and email address below.