The long distance moving process is a hectic time for those undergoing such a major transition. If you are planning on making your move cross country soon, you might want to start preparing for it now.
The team at Black Tie Moving can help figure out the schedule, create an affordable moving quote, and do all of the packing and toting. However, our moving company can’t take charge of preparing your family for the trip or managing daily needs during the move. Our relocation coordinator will certainly help out with some ideas during the initial consultation. But, it’s up to you to take charge of these tasks!
Ways to Streamline a Long Distance Move
You have many options when it comes to organizing and streamlining your relocation. To get you started right away, we’ve put together a few suggestions:
- Checklists: Create a list of all of the household items you will be taking with on that long distance move. This includes furniture, electronics, and valuables. You can check each item off the list as it arrives at your destination.
- Insurance: Our moving company carries insurance, but you might also want to sign up for more coverage, especially on valuable items, computers, and artwork.
- Paperwork: When you move out of the country, you’ll likely need a visa and passport. Be sure to get these papers in order before your relocation.
- Local Research: Take the time to do a little research on the area you are moving to beforehand. You’ll want to find out the location of grocery stores, banks, gas stations, your new workplace, and the local schools.
- Storage: Depending on the circumstances of your move, you may require storage of your belongings. Let Black Tie Moving know if you need temporary or long-term storage, and we’ll help arrange it.
Relax! Whether or not you forget a few to-dos won’t hinder the ultimate success of the move, especially with Black Tie Moving on the job. We have helped complete more than 40,000 moves and will make sure this relocation goes well too. If you are interested in getting help with the long distance moving process or want a free cost estimate, give us a call or fill out our online form. One of our friendly representatives will set up your appointment right away.
Subscribe to Black Tie Moving's Blog
Get Black Tie Moving's latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your name and email address below.