Whether you’re headed off to college in another state or relocating to a larger space across town, moving to a new apartment can be stressful. One of the most effective ways to tackle this project and minimize stress as much as possible is to create a thorough apartment moving checklist. This will not only help you pack up your belongings in the most efficient way possible but will help to ensure that you don’t miss any important tasks during all of the chaos of a move, and streamline the moving process on the big day.
Are you looking to create the most efficient apartment moving checklist possible? Black Tie Moving is here to help. Creating a thorough checklist is as simple as breaking down the tasks you will need to complete based on the amount of time you have leading up to a move. Many moving experts recommend getting started preparing for a move several months in advance. Keep reading for an outline of what your apartment moving checklist should look like.
In the months leading up to a move, the best thing you can do is begin organizing your home and taking into account all of the tasks you will need to complete in order for your move to go smoothly. This includes:
- Researching Movers
- Giving your current landlord or leasing company notice
- Creating a realistic timeline for packing
- Downsizing your apartment and getting rid of clutter or items that won’t be necessary for your new apartment
Once you have gotten yourself organized and ready for an upcoming move, it’s time to start finalizing plans and details. This step includes:
- Hiring movers
- Packing certain rooms and items that you don’t anticipate needing ahead of a move
- Finalize address changes on important documents like bank statements, credit cards, and more
- Double-check important details such as moving times, important deadlines, etc.
After taking the necessary steps to prepare for a move, it is time to begin making it a reality. In the two weeks leading up to your move, it’s time to:
- Finish packing all items that are not absolute daily necessities
- Eat or throw out all perishable food from your pantry, fridge, or freezer that you don’t plan on taking with you to your new apartment
During the week of your move, you should:
- Walk through all rooms of your apartment to verify that everything is packed away
- Get cash to tip your movers
- Make a “first night box” containing all of the household items, toiletries, and clothing you will need during your first night in your new apartment while your other belongings are still packed away
Complete Your Apartment Moving Checklist
Need help checking off some of the items on your apartment moving checklist? Whether you need help packing, decluttering, or moving heavy items, Black Tie is here to assist and make your next apartment move as easy as possible. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to find out why we are the top-rated moving company in the United States!
Subscribe to Black Tie Moving's Blog
Get Black Tie Moving's latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your name and email address below.