Summer is typically the busiest season for moving, but there are numerous benefits to scheduling your move for the spring! Not only do you have the picturesque backdrop of bright blossoms and foliage, but the chill of winter is gone and temperatures tend to be perfectly mild. It’s also a great time to capitalize on your spring-cleaning urge – channeling that energy into decluttering, packing, and preparing your home for whatever comes next.
There’s no doubt that relocating can be physically and mentally exhausting, but it doesn’t have to be a dreaded event. At Black Tie Moving, we believe that everyone deserves to experience the luxury of a well-planned and perfectly executed relocation.
Here are some tips that will keep you healthy, happy, and excited about your springtime move:
- Consider the timing. In order to get the best value on professional movers in your area, you’ll want to book them as soon as possible. Try to schedule the bulk of your move during the early afternoon in order to take advantage of sunlight and warmth, and if you have children, you may want to plan your move during their spring break.
- Be mindful of the weather. While springtime temperatures are perfect for the physical labor involved in moving, it’s important to keep in mind the likelihood of scattered showers. Black Tie Moving is always prepared with high-quality coverings to keep your belongings safe and dry, regardless of unexpected fluctuations in the weather. Be sure to keep an eye on the forecast and dress in layers in case it gets cooler or warmer than anticipated.
- Stay safe. Always wear sunscreen and sunglasses when spending time outdoors on moving day. It’s important to protect yourself from the sun’s UV rays, especially if you are in and out all day during your move. Another obstacle is pollen – be sure to prepare yourself and your boxes (sealed so no pollen can get in) the best you can. Be sure to wear closed-toed shoes, always stretch prior to lifting heavy items, and take frequent water breaks throughout the day.
- Transfer utilities ahead of time. You may want to go ahead and transfer necessary utilities to your new address, or schedule a transfer for your moving day. This will reduce the likelihood of wait times and frantic attempts to set up important things like internet, cable, and telephone at the last minute.
- Have fun! Remember that moving into a new home is an exciting chapter in your life. Whether you are a recent graduate, a newlywed, part of a family, or someone who’s decided to invest in homeownership, you are embarking on a wonderful journey! Try to remember that the hassles and frustrations of moving are temporary, especially if you hire the local professionals at Black Tie Moving to handle the heavy lifting.
The Most Trusted Professional Moving Services CompanyIf you are looking for a reliable moving company for your residential relocation this spring, Black Tie Moving can help. Since 1982, our company has provided homeowners with the VIP treatment they deserve in order to enjoy a stress-free, no-hassle move.
Each of our customers is provided with their very own 24/7 moving concierge, and the personal attention required to plan, organize, and execute a seamless relocation. With high ratings from the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, and Angi, our team at Black Tie Moving is your trusted mover for all of your relocation needs both in the spring and throughout the entire year.
Subscribe to Black Tie Moving's Blog